GHHS Healthcare centre was collaborating with Earthwin Emergency Academy Sdn Bhd to conduct a BASIC LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
On 1 Aug 2016, for total number of 21 staffs from varies department with the objective of:
- To equip the staffs with the necessary skills and knowledge to handle respiratory & cardiac emergencies.
- To have the knowledge to perform competent resuscitation procedures for victims of cardiac and respiratory arrests.
The course (based on 2015 AHA Guidelines) was conducted by a panel of experience instructors in the fields of Accident and Emergency, Intensive Care, Coronary Care and related disciplines.
- Adult One & Two Rescuers CPR
- Pediatric CPR
- Adult Foreign Bodies Airway Obstruction Management
- Pediatric Foreign Bodies Airway Obstruction Management
- LIVE CPR
- AED Use During CPR
- BVM Use During CPR
- Prudent Heart Living
Besides the lectures on BLS theory, many hands on practices with manikin (Adult, Child and Infant Size) and role play situations were conducted with a written test at the end of the course. All the participants demonstrated a satisfactory level of competency in the practical skills and scored a high marks in the written test.